Our class scheduled to start on May 2nd has been rescheduled to start May 9th.
The scheduled times will remain the same but will start one week later.
Sealife has released a firmware upgrade for the DC1400 series camera
Firmware V2014 improves the following:
- Faster shutter response time when camera is set to infinity focus. Pictures will be in focus and sharp from 3ft/90cm to infinity. (2ft/60cm underwater).
- Frame‐rate (fps) for smoother video when recording in low light conditions.
- Ext Flash Manual mode exposure control.
- Added a visual indicator to identify when the shutter button is pushed ½ way. The white focus box disappears for a split second when the shutter button reaches the ½ way point. When the camera has focused on the subject, the focus box reappears as green (in focus) or red (not in focus). Push the shutter all the way to capture the image. Using this technique will help to improve focus accuracy and shortens the shutter lag time.
- Longer battery life in SPY mode.
- Improved the zoom action response time.
One of our staff tried this on his camera and reported that it worked without a hitch. Apparently the actual firmware upgrade only took about 2 seconds to complete. It took longer to read the instructions in the PDF.
Nice "Postcard" from the Roanoke Times regarding our Manatee trip.
Check it out HERE
Time for another Flea Market. Your chance to sell off old things you don’t want (or don’t fit) and find some good bargains.
The Flea Market will run from 1 pm until 4 pm on Sunday, April 13th in the parking lot of the store. We’ll also have some rental gear and instructor equipment for sale inside.
The rules are the same as always. Sales and payments are between you and the other party, the store is not involved. The exception is store and instructor equipment, which is done through the store. However, if you want to sell anything here you have to agree to allow the buyer to bring it in during the sale for a quick evaluation if the buyer wants an opinion.
Sorry but we won’t have any tables for you to set up on but feel free to bring a SMALL table or tarp if you want. Don’t be greedy about space, leave room for others.
I’ll be coming to the store about 12:45 and there is no setup before I get there. At the end of the day we ask you take any unsold items with you. We don’t have a lot of storage room.
If you can’t attend but want to leave equipment for sale we can arrange for that. However, there will be a fee to cover the cost of extra staff I’ll have to bring in.
So go through your equipment and find what you don’t want and figure out what bargains are just what you need.