Let's Try Something New In Bonaire! November 22 to 29, 2014
Experience Bonaire and Buddy Dive Resort with Diving Enterprises, Ltd.
Scuba Diving's Reader's Choice 2013 BEST DIVE RESORT!
We're going to try Buddy Dive this year. Located next to Sand Dollar we keep the great reef and add some nice amenities. They'll pick us up and return us to the airport. On-site truck rental means less hassle on arrival and departure and an on-site representative. Breakfast included daily plus meal discount vouchers saves money but we can still opt to eat at our favorite restaurants. Studio apartments mean more privacy with the option to share a 2 br with your friends and save some money, your choice. Drive-through or pick-up tank fill stations.
An unhurried, unspoiled natural paradise offering spectacular sunsets, gentle breezes and crystal clear, turquoise waters. Buddy's is a resort where you can DIVE DIVE DIVE, take part in a multitude of activities or just sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
Buddy Dive is known for a casual atmosphere, personable staff, spacious accommodations and a dive operation that has something for every diver: comfortable boats, complete rental and retail center, exceptional staff, and a unique "Drive Thru" with a two-lane air/nitrox fill station.
No matter which apartment you are staying in, you're never further than a giant stride away from our popular and lively house reef which is perfect for diving and snorkeling, day and night.
Climb into the rental truck take advantage of the 60 dive sites, accessible from the shore line of Bonaire Divers, snorkelers, adventurers and leisure travelers will feel equally at home at Buddy Dive.
You will want to save plenty of time to relax in a hammock, lounge by one of our two pools, simply catch some rays or saunter on down to The Poolbar for a cocktail before sampling some of the local specialties.
Some of the Amenities:
- Fully equipped kitchens including microwaves, stoves and refrigerators.
- Comfortably furnished living area with cable TV and phone.
- Safe deposit boxes in every apartment, free of charge.
- Air-conditioned bedrooms with two singles or one double bed as per your request.
- Large private balconies or patios.
- Daily housekeeping service with free use of beach towels.
- Front Office can arrange for babysitters for families with small children.
- Laundry service available.
- Air conditioned hotel rooms are also available and equipped with a TV, phone, small refrigerator and coffee maker.
- From each of the apartments, you’ll enjoy the view of either the ocean or lush tropical gardens. Relax outside in one of the loungers in the shaded and flower covered gazebo.
- 7 nights in a Studio Apartment (double occupancy)
- 6 days unlimited shore diving
- Free Nitrox
- Full breakfast daily
- 50% off meals ($75 max per person)
- Double cabin pickup truck
- Free WiFi
- Transfers to/from the airport.
- Hotel taxes
- Welcome Drink
- Manager's Rum Punch Party
Price $999 per person (double occupancy)
Optional Air coming January 2014
- Add 6 boat dives for $140.00
- Add 12 boat dives for $280.00 (we are verifying this price)
- Deduct $120.00 for non-diver
- Add $650.00 single supplement
- Upgrade to 2 in a 1 bedroom for $80.00 each
- Upgrade to 4 in a 2 bedroom w/ 2 trucks and deduct $45.00 each
- Upgrade to 6 in a 3 bedroom w/ 3 trucks and deduct $$150.00 each
- Got really ggod friends to share a condo? We can reduce the number of trucks for even more savings.
Note the new location, Plaza Resort - All Inclusive! Details Below!
It's time to think spring. Mickey and Cathy are leading a trip to Plaza Resort in Bonaire (the shore dive capital of the world).
It can't be easier, great shore diving, great boat diving, several restaurants on site and within walking distance. The shore diving off Plaza is excellent and all you do is walk in!!
Bonaire set the standard in reef conservation more than 30 years ago when it instituted one of the first permanent mooring systems, prohibited anchoring of boats, and designated all of Bonaire's waters down to the 200 foot depth an official marine park. These early conservation efforts have enabled the reefs to remain a healthy haven for more reef inhabitants than any other dive destination in the Caribbean/Atlantic. Anyone who has been diving or snorkeling in the waters of Bonaire knows they teem not only with large numbers of fish, but also with an unusually high number of fish species. So much so, that in surveys conducted by the Reef Environmental Education Foundation, the majority of top 10 species-rich dive sites are located on Bonaire.
Bonaire offers visitors shore diving opportunities unlike any found elsewhere in the Caribbean. Of the 90+ named dive sites on Bonaire, almost all are accessible from shore. The fringing reef system is located a short +/- 50 yards offshore, so surface swims are kept to a minimum. Though every dive site on Bonaire has its own unique element, all generally have a fairly standard shallow and narrow terrace that slopes gradually down to a depth of 30ft/10m before dropping at about a 45 degree angle to approximately 130ft/40m. Variations are most notable to the south where several sites are part of a double reef system, and the most northern of sites, which tend toward more vertical drops. There are also a number of memorable sites on Klein Bonaire and the mainland that can only be accessed by boat. Whatever your preference - shore diving - boat diving or a combination of both can be done.
Do you enjoy diving, mountain biking, snorkeling or relaxing on pearl-white sandy beaches? How about eating freshly caught fish or dining a la carte, right on the beach?
At Plaza Resort Bonaire, all of this is possible and more! That is because our Bonaire hotel offers both the space and scenery for those who want absolute peace and tranquility, and a large number of activities and excursions for people looking for an active and social holiday.
Plaza Resort Bonaire is less than five minutes' drive from Flamingo International Airport and, with its more than 300,000 tropical plants and trees, blends harmoniously in the gorgeous surrounding area of natural beauty. Situated on a peninsula, at the mouth of a lagoon, bordered on the entire length of one side by a pearly-white sandy beach, the Plaza Resort Bonaire is a true paradise for people who love the sun, sea and unspoilt nature!
The Plaza Resort Bonaire covers 2.5 ha (6 acres) and has everything you need for a carefree holiday. Our Bonaire resort facilities and services include:
- Spacious suites
- Two restaurants
- Breakfast hall
- Two bars, including a beach bar
- Two shops
- Beauty salon
- Free WI-FI in the resort
- Guest laundry service
Toucan Diving offers a dive shop and instruction school with a fleet of four boats for our guests diving Bonaire's crystal clear waters. We also have a marina with boat rentals.
We'll be staying in a Junior Suite with the option to upgrade to a Premium Suite. Both type of rooms are renovated lately and are taken very well care of.
With many amenities like a private sandy beach (a rarity on Bonaire), a marina, boat rentals, activity centre, swimming pool, childcare, restaurants and a motivated staff, Plaza Resort Bonaire offers you a carefree holiday to enjoy to the fullest!
- Sandy beach 500 m (546 yds) long and 50 to 100 m (164 ft - 328 ft) deep
- Swimming pool
- Four tennis courts, with tennis lessons available
- Snorkeling, kayaking and wakeboard facilities
- Activities for kids
- Around-the-clock childcare
- Activity centre/excursion desk
- Bicycle, automobile, scooter and boat rentals
Revive your senses in a magnificent, sun-drenched setting at Plaza Resort Bonaire on the beautiful island of Bonaire in the Netherlands Antilles
Our Package is $1249 per person (double occupancy) and includes:
**7 nights @ Plaza Resort w/2 per suite
**Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
**All house drinks
**6 days of 2 tank boat diving
**6 days of unlimited shore diving
**Free unlimited nitrox
**Hotel and taxes
(Add $50.00 for CC)
Single supplement is $495.00
Optional Airfare from Charlotte $599.00 - Limited number of seats
Want to do more shore diving? Get a rental truck for $290.00 per truck and share the costs. Insurance and taxes extra.
Don't want to boat dive? We can drop the boat dives and apply it to a truck
Sign up by January 10th to guarantee a spot
Call the store to reserve your spot 540-389-9100