There has been a lot of information and concern about Coronavirus. Like everyone else, scuba divers have their concerns.
First, some links. These are links to the Divers Aleert Network (DAN), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of State
- DAN Info on coronavirus https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/health/coronavirus.aspx
- General Information about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- CDC info on Pools and Water sources: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
- Travel Information from CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- CDC Protecting your Family: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/index.html
- State Department Travel Advisories: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/
- State Department COVID-19 Advisories: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html
Cures: Have you read some of these claims!?! Think about where this information is coming from. It's usually someone promoting something that has no known value or is of dubious origin and veracity. These are often the same people that will sell you the secret cure to cancer, balding, halitosis, and lack of money. Cocaine mixed with Bleach? I don't think you'll have to worry about COVID-19 if you take that mixture.
If you are a student taking a class consider this, you are swimming in a pool full of chlorine disinfectant. 'Nuff said.
Take COVID-19 seriously but be responsible and knowledgeable.