Kraken Springs is a large quarry about 40 minutes north of Atlanta. It is located directly on the way back to Virginai if visiting Atlanta.
Well appointed, it is one of the best inland dive sites in Georgia. Lots to see and do with nice grounds. Macximum depth is about 150 feet. Visibility usually runs between 16 to 30 feet. Temperatures are in the mid 50s in the winter and up to the 80s in the summer Formally known as Dive Georgia Quarry, this 35+ acre diver playground has been built for divers, by dive instructors.
Some of the things you'll see in the quarry:
- Training platforms @ 20ft x 2 60ft, 150ft
- Buoyancy Rings @ 30ft and 12ft
- Boats @ 55ft, 30ft, 20ft and 24ft
- Steam Shovel @ 40ft
- School Bus @ 55ft
- Jet Ski @ 10ft
- The Undersea Bar @ 30ft
- A Wine Cooler @ 25ft
- Old Glory @ 60ft
- Cars @ 145ft
- Pepsi Machine @ 30ft
- Amazing wall dives throughout the springs!
The facilities include:
- Fully Outfitted Main Office / Dive Shack
- Cold beverages and snacks for purchase
- Restrooms w/ showers and changing areas
- Newly resurfaced docks
- New Pavilions
- Three entry docks and three underwater training platforms available
- Covered Picnic tables
- Flat/level walk to entry docks with entry stairs in and out of the water!!!